Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm in freakin' Iceland! Akureyri, Iceland

I'm in freakin' Iceland! Sooo cold but amazingly magnificent! The land of fire and ice! I went on a tour today in Akureyuri, Iceland and visited some amazing places... check out the pics!


The one item I bought in Iceland for myself...I'm a dork, I know. But when will I ever be back in Iceland ever again?! This sweater was ridiculously expensive...but totally worth it because I'm rockin' the tourist gear.



Some volcanic craters from afar. Well, it looks cooler from afar because you can see more of it! They're enormous!




This is the view of Akureyuri! Such a beautiful place! Look at the colour of the sky!





Just finished raining and the skies are opening up. I'm catching the first glimpse of the crystal blue sky!


The infamous Godafess waterfalls! Gorgeous! The pics don't do it justice because you can't even imagine what it's like standing at the edge of the cliff looking at the magnificent falls.


Again, another incredible picture of the Godafess Waterfalls. Isn't it beautiful? Check out the little dude I caught in the pic...it puts into perspective how enormous the falls really are.


Gorgeous...


Not bad for a self taken picture right?


Gorgeous open fields of the Icelandic landscape.

Molton rock formation from a local volcanoe. Doesn't the shape of the rock remind you of Kermit the Frog? Try squinting, you'll start to see it!


I'm strattling the fault line that divides the Icelandic tectonic plate and the rest of Europe's plate. Therefore, I'm in two places at once...


An explosive crater...amazing.


Here's a volcanic hot springs! Smells like rotten eggs!


Lava flowing out of the hot springs...


Look at the incredible colours of this landscape taken from the volcanic site in Iceland!
















No comments: